We also saw that we were "bought with a price" therefore we "are not our own." As Christians we now belong to Jesus because he purchased us with his suffering and death.
In this series we've explored three ideas: (1) Our TIME is Not Our Own, (2) Our TALENTS are Not Our Own & (3) Our TREASURES are Not Our Own.
When we talked about our Treasures yesterday we focused on being a church that sacrificially gives. We saw that giving consistently and generously accomplishes several things in our lives. Consistent sacrificial giving...
- Gives us the opportunity to obey God's Word.
- Leads us to recognize that God's owns everything.
- Helps us fight Covetousness and Materialism.
- Enables the church to do more good deeds.
- Proves to you that God will provide for you.
- Strengthens your faith in Jesus.
I don't know about you but I want these things! Church family, during this holiday season prayerfully consider how you might give to the church to build up the body, to glorify Christ and to expand God's Kingdom.