We're glad you have connected with Hope Church and are interested in learning more about what it means to be a part of our church family. Getting involved with Hope church means you Connect to the Family, Grow as a Disciple of Jesus and Live on Mission in the City of New Orleans.
CONNECT TO THE FAMILY:
- HOPE COMMUNITIES: These are groups of people that are joined together to make disciples in a particular neighborhood or among a particular group of people in the city. They are the primary avenue through which you connect with the family, grow as a disciple of Jesus and live life on mission. (more)
- WORSHIP GATHERING: On Sunday mornings we gather all of our Hope Communities together to celebrate Christ, His Word and his unfolding mission in the world. (more)
GROW AS A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST:
- DISCIPLE-MAKING RELATIONSHIP: In your Hope Community the leaders will help connect you to someone who can disciple you. This person will help you to live your personal, spiritual and missional life in light of the Gospel. (more)
- SPIRITUALLY DISCIPLINED: Begin to read the Bible! There are FREE copies at our Worship Gathering. On page xii you will find a 40-day Bible reading plan to help get you started! (view reading plan online) We have additional books and resources that will also help you learn more about following Christ.
LIVE LIFE ON MISSION:
- PRAY: Begin to pray that God would teach and lead you to impact others. Ask him to show you people that need to be loved by you, need to hear the Gospel and need to be invited into the Hope Church family.
- SERVE OTHERS: Adjust your schedule and your life so that you can begin building relationships and serving the neighborhood or people group your Hope Community is seeking to impact with the Gospel. Also begin to identify ways you can serve your family, friends, neighbors, classmates and co-workers. (more)
IN NEW ORLEANS
LOVE NEW ORLEANS:
- BE NEW ORLEANS: We're don't exist to change the culture of our great city, instead to help center the lives of her people on Jesus Christ. Be the city by celebrating all that makes this her unique and loved.
- FOR NEW ORLEANS: Our city is one in need. Its one thing to love the culture, its another to love those in need. Get busy looking for opportunities to advocate for and serve people, families, neighborhoods and communities around New Orleans.